More companies are opting for using contractors which makes the vendor management process extremely critical. I am surprised (horrified) how many companies do not apply the same risk management principles to vendors that they apply to their employees.
And how many vendors are allowed unfettered access to the organization, wandering the hallways and sensitive areas of the business without any identification or authorization. A female partner in a large national law firm recently told me how often she is in the office after hours and encounters individuals and has no idea who they are and if the pose a physical risk to her.
The vendor management process does not have to be complicated. SafeVisitor has a module specifically for vendor management called SafeVendor.
SafeVendor assumes the entire vendor management process by utilizing several industry leading processes:
1. Cloud-Based. Many vendor management systems run locally on your computer or server. This increases your cost for database management, often costs more for updates and is not accessible via the internet. SafeVendor is cloud-based so there is nothing to install locally AND you have access to your data in real time anywhere in the world 24 hours a day from a computer, smart phone or tablet.
2. Comprehensive Background Checks. SafeVendor is integrated with Safe Hiring Solutions, our parent company. Safe Hiring Solutions is an Inc 5000 global provider of comprehensive background checks for organizations that have ranged from the NFL to Fortune 500 companies.
The custom background check integration allows you to:
a. Define Level of Background Check. Our custom integration allows you to select from more than 30 background screening solutions that range from SSN Verification and National Criminal Database to Federal Criminal Courts Search.
b. Create Levels of Screening for Positions. You can determine the depth of the background check by position. Vendors who have access to sensitive information or sensitive areas can be screened at a higher level than vendors who do not.
c. Automated Rechecks. Each vendor position can be setup with a recheck requirement that is defined by you or by SafeVendor if we are providing the vetting of vendors. If you set the recheck for 36 months then at month 35 SafeVisitor will begin emailing your vendor with a link to complete the recheck. If they don’t, then their status is moved to expired and access to your facility removed.
d. Change Level of Screening for Recheck. SafeVisitor allows you to conduct a comprehensive background check and then a lower level national background recheck since your vendors have been screened initially at a higher level. This provides significant costs savings to organizations.
e. National Sex Offender Check. Run a national sex offender check each time a vendor enters your facility. They might have a clear background check when they initially apply but are later convicted of a sexual offense. This will flag them and deny them entry.
1. Shared Vendors. All of your vendors can undergo a comprehensive background check and become SafeVendor certified which allows them to enter any facility that is running SafeVisitor. If a facility is not using SafeVisitor, the facility can still check the ID and certification of the vendor through a public access link.
2. Mobile App. We may not always have our purse or billfold but we will always have our mobile phones with us. SafeVisitor provides a mobile app for approved volunteers and vendors. We setup the GPS coordinates for each of your buildings and as approved vendors approach one of your buildings and cross the geo-fence, the app automatically displays the vendors information and photo on the front office computer so security or front office personnel can visually identify the visitor before allowing them access to the facility.
3. Excluded Parties. Do you have a list of individuals that are not allowed on your property? Maybe they have trespassed in the past. Or there are custody orders. Or one of your employees is going through a divorce and a protective order is issued and you would like to put the estranged partner on an exclusion list that pops up if they try to enter your facility. Create an exclusion list that is specific to one building or global across your organization.
4. Visible ID Badges. Even if you are using the mobile app and geo-fencing, you can still print a temporary ID badge each time the vendor enters your facility with their photo, name, date/time stamp and a time expiring stop sign thatbleeds through after 6-7 hours so they cannot re-enter the facility with the same ID badge.
SafeVisitor is utilized by single building facilities as well as international companies.